Friday 11 March 2016

The Theseus Paradox (David Videcette)













I decided to read this book after conversations that were being had on a book club I am a member of.  It has even got to the point of being called “The book that cannot be named”.  Yep you guessed it, it was being talked about every single day.

Detective Inspector Jake Flanagan is who this book is based around.  Set around the time of the 7/7 bombings in London and the issues that the police force had to deal with.  With short chapters it draws the reader in but allows the reader to break off at an appropriate point (mine was when my commute finished, otherwise would have been absorbed in this book).

What is truth?  What is fiction?

That is left to the reader to decided!

I have my own opinion of this book and must admit it had me at times reading a chapter and then stopping to stare out of the window and ponder on what had been wrote.  It is so close to home reading about the 7/7 bombings and the possible theories (unless it is the truth) about them.  It was a hard read at times for me due to having family in London but also a compelling read in that I wanted to know what was going to happen next. 

Well done to David Videcette for writing this book and I look forward to hearing and reading more about Jake’s exploits in future books.

No comments:

Post a Comment