Saturday 28 May 2016

Heavenfield - L J Ross












Another excellent book by L J Ross.

This is the third book featuring D I Ryan and one I enjoyed as much as the first two in the series!

DI Ryan becomes the prime suspect, a man who needs / wants to clear his name when a familiar face is found dead in the church at Heavenfield. 

This book had my heart racing and beating inside my chest to get out!  Can Ryan whilst still on suspension prove he didn’t kill?  Can his colleagues D I Lowerson, D I Mackenzie and D S Phillips help to prove their friend and boss is innocent? 

As per usual Louise does a fantastic job of weaving doubts, theories into the story, as well as teasing you along the way, planting those seeds, only for you to end up gasping in disbelief as you turn a page to realise you are wrong (or are you)!

As mentioned previously, this is the third book in the series, and I would suggest you read the first two beforehand. It helps to understand the characters, "The Circle” and also enables you to get to share in the delights of knowing there are two more books to read, each as good, if not better than the previous one.

My thanks go to L J Ross for letting me read and review a copy of this book.  I seriously cannot wait for the next installment.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment