Friday 26 August 2016

Unquiet Souls

Unquiet Souls: a DI Gus McGuire case by [Mistry, Liz]
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Unquiet Souls is set in alternating chapters over two specific years 2003 and 2015. It took me a while to realise why this is set out like this, however as the chapters progress it allows you to understand the series of events that happened, and what unfolded over the specific years. It had me hooked once I made the connection and wanting to read more.
 
Gus is a DCI who has been on sick leave following a previous incident, and now back on duty after finally been given the all clear. Back to where he belongs, dealing with a case of child trafficking, a case involving The Matchmaker, a case that opens wounds for some members of the police force.
 
This book has had me on a roller coaster of a ride, wondering who was behind this horrible child trafficking ring, thinking I'd figured it out to be shocked again. There were scenes in the book that gave me goosebumps and I seriously hope that they were fiction, because I would hate to think that this could/does happen.
 
Excellent book by Liz Mistry and I am seriously looking to read more by this author. Bloodhound Books have found an excellent author here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment