Sunday 4 September 2016

See How They Run - Tom Bale







 See How They Run: The Gripping Thriller that Everyone is Talking About by [Bale, Tom]



 

The book opens at a fast heart stopping pace and one that sent shivers down my spine, the pace continues throughout the book, with moments where my heart was in my mouth, brain thinking the author won't go any further with this description only to flick the page and he did. Very descriptive scenes that sent chills down my spine. 

How are Alice and Harry French, a couple with a new born baby and a mystery package delivered to the wrong house connected? Whose the mysterious Renshaw that the package is for? 

Tom's descriptions of the characters are so good, it made me feel like I knew them personally. They are all described in such detail and for one I loved the way he described Alice, as she was in the early days before meeting Harry, the way she was when they were a couple and how she is now as a mother. A mother that will do anything for her baby! 

As the story becomes more fast paced, the descriptions do as well, you are drawn in with every word you read, every page you turn and I for one became fully immersed in the story, especially being a mum to a daughter as well. I could imagine the way they felt when their daughters life was threatened, imagine the lengths I would go to, to ensure she was safe. 

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more by Tom Bale. I even have another one on my kindle ready to read soon. An excellent book and an author whose work I will be following a lot more closely, along with his publishers Bookouture who have some other fantastic authors whose work I cannot wait to read. 

Oh yeah and one more word of advice and one I'll repeat from above DON'T start this book at bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment