Wednesday 16 August 2017

Cragside - L J Ross



 









Cragside is the latest instalment in the brilliant DCI Ryan series and one I couldn’t wait to start and I wasn’t disappointed. 

DCI Ryan and Anna (his fiancée) are temporarily living in a cottage situated in the beautiful grounds of Cragside.  The Gilberts, owners of Cragside throw a murder mystery evening known as a staff party, to which they are both invited and attend, all dressed up in Victorian refinery.  As can be expected, Ryan is not impressed and feels uncomfortable all dressed up but attends nevertheless.
The evening seems to be a success and Ryan even somehow seems to be enjoying himself, when suddenly the lights go out in the room.  Ryan offers to go and sort this out but a member of the Cragside staff goes instead and the next thing we are aware of if that member of staff lying dead.  On preliminary investigations, it is initially ruled as accidental but as can be expected something niggles away at Ryan to the point that he is convinced it is something more. 

Are Ryan’s suspicions right? 

This book is just as good as all the other books, even though it seems this time more of a comfortable mystery.  We are given insights into how they are all coping following the dramatic ending of the last book, how Ryan and Anna are preparing for their wedding day, how Denise (MacKenzie) and Philips are coping with what happened to them both and how Lowerson is coping and become a valuable member of the team.  This was a nice side line to the story, and one I enjoyed reading in order to be able to see how all parties were coping after High Force, yet still enough of the mystery and thrilling moments to keep me turning the pages with ease.    

I was riveted throughout the book and as per usual the final few pages had me gasping for more and willing the next book to be loaded on to my kindle in readiness.  I can’t wait to see what is next in store, however, I will just have to wait patiently for Louise to release the same. 
L J Ross has that brilliant writing style that draws the reader in and I for one look forward to each new book that is released as I cannot wait to see what is next in stall for Ryan and his team.  L.J. Ross is fast becoming one of my favourite authors whose books seem to get better and better and I always look forward to the next saga.  

My extreme thanks go to Louise Ross for the review copy and allowing me to read and review the same.  

On second thoughts, all that’s left to say is hurry up with the next one! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment