Monday 19 March 2018

#BookPost

Following on from the post regarding My Chronicle Book Box and the lovely prize I won.  I have also recently received some more #BookPost.

A lovely selection of cards, along with my review copy of #DriftStumbleFall by M Jonathan Lee courtesy of Hideaway Fall and some tea bags (which have already been used I'm afraid when I started reading the book) and before I took the pictures.   


 
My copy was even personalised which was a lovely thought. 

 
About this Book
 
Drift Stumble Fall is about Richard  feels  trapped  in  his  hectic  life  of  commitment  and  responsibility.    From  the  daily  mayhem  of  having  young children, an exhausted wife  and pushy in-laws who frequently outstay their welcome, Richard’s existence fills him with panic and resentment.  The only place  he  can escape  the dark cloud descending upon him  is the  bathroom,  where he hides for hours on end, door locked, wondering how on earth he can escape.

Often staring out of his window, Richard enviously observes the tranquil life of Bill, his neighbour living in the bungalow across the road.  From the outside,  Bill’s  world  appears filled with comfort  and peace.    Yet underneath the  apparent domestic  bliss  of  both  lives  are  lies, secrets,  imperfections,  sadness  and  suffering  far  greater  than  either  could have imagined.    Beneath  the surface,  a family tragedy has left  Bill  frozen in time  and unable to move on.    As he  waits for a daughter who may never return, Bill  watches Richard’s bustling  family life and yearns for  the joy  it  brings.    As the two men watch each other from afar, it soon becomes apparent that other people’s lives are not always what they seem.

 
I am pleased to confirm that I have read Drift Stumble Fall and my review will be posted very soon.
 
Watch this space. 
 
The book however can be pre-ordered here and is due for release on 12 April 2018. 
 
*****************
 
I was also lucky enough to be sent a copy of Come and Find Me by Sarah Hilary and publishers Headline who can be found on by clicking this link to Twitter.  
 

I love this cover, looks really intriguing and inviting. 

 
About the Book
 
On the surface, Lara Chorley and Ruth Hull have nothing in common, other than their infatuation with Michael Vokey. Each is writing to a sadistic inmate, sharing her secrets, whispering her worst fears, craving his attention.
 
DI Marnie Rome understands obsession. She's finding it hard to give up her own addiction to a dangerous man: her foster brother, Stephen Keele. She wasn't able to save her parents from Stephen. She lives with that guilt every day.
 
As the hunt for Vokey gathers pace, Marnie fears one of the women may have found him - and is about to pay the ultimate price.
 
The book however can be pre-ordered here and is due for release on 22 March 2018. 


This book is currently sat in my TBR pile and is slowly working itself to the top of the list.  Once I have read this book my review will be posted.  Another one to watch this space for. 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment