Sunday 17 May 2015

Lee Child - Personal (read January 2015)



 

Good book - but not standard Reacher!

Don't think this was as good as previous books, started off well but tapered off. Lee Child still has the flow with the books but this one lacked something I couldn't quite put my finger on. However, this won't put me off reading his books thats for sure.

Another reviewer stated "Maybe it is down to the fact that this story is based more in the UK and not in Reachers home country (America) where he drifts from state to state." I'm afraid I have to agree 100%. reacher books are set in America and when Lee writes the Reacher books set in America I am HOOKED. This one just didn't do it for me this time.

The book moves from US to Paris to England. The start of the adventure where Reacher is travelling by bus and picks up a newspaper and upon browsing the personal ads sees one that is aimed for him was the bit that had me thinking the book could be pulled back - Lee Child still has that pull that draws me in with his books but the spark is missing in this particular book.

Will it put me off reading any more of his books - NO. Am I waiting for the next intallment of Reacher - YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment